Monday 20 August 2012

Moving Day!

Today is the BIG day!! Today, I move out of my parents house for the very first time and I don't really know how to feel. This morning as I packed up the last few things into a box and looked around my now empty room, I felt nostalgic. Its not as if I were leaving for ever, my parents can't get rid of me that easily, but I am leaving a lot behind me. I am going from being on top, to the very bottom. That may be an exaggeration, but I know things will be so very different. When I drop my computer on my little toe and break it as I did this morning, my dad won't be there to run and get me ice, or to make me laugh until I completely forget about it. My mum won't be there to brush my hair when I have a bad day, knowing her though, she very well might make the hour long trip to do it. I'll have to put up with new neighbors who have no idea that I play the saxophone, loudly. I'll have to do my own laundry, my own dishes, Oh God, I'm going to have to clean my own bathroom! 

One note I have about moving for the first time on my own is that I had NO Idea how much STUFF I have! Every time I go on a trip I tend to find things I like and it accumulates. I have used far more boxes than I thought I would have needed. 

I am exited though, it's a new chapter. No longer am I a little girl. I get to make my own decisions. I feel like I'll have more opportunities to help people when I no longer am in a suffocatingly small town. I feel like I've out grown it but I still have a lot to grow.


To New Beginnings! 

3 comments:

  1. Katerina!! Good luck with your new adventure! You are beginning a new life and I know you are well equipped with whatever challenges you will be faced with. Looking forward to hear about what you will live.
    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Drolet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katerina, I got a lump in my throat when I read this. Thank you for sharing this. I can't wait to see what you're going to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you! Will you continue to blog here through your first year at CEGEP?

    ReplyDelete